I’m grateful to work with some great editors and magazines. Below is a list of the articles I’ve written for various magazines. I update this page each month so please check back for the latest updates or subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter.
A monthly magazine distributed by Salvation Army locations around the world. Monthly print distribution is 180,000, Easter is 1,100,000 and Christmas is 1,500,000. War Cry has a reach larger than another other magazine I write for.
- How to Live as a Citizen of Heaven While on Earth (July, 2020, page 20)
The Christian Journal
This is one of my favorite magazines that write for each month. It is a regional magazine based in Oregon. Monthly distribution is 3,000 subscribers with a large number of issues given away free to prison inmates. Each year focuses on a theme and different book of the Bible. 2020 was on Romans and 2021 is on Hebrews.
- There’s No One Better (January 2020, page 7)
- We Need to Weep (December 2020, page 8)
- God’s Transformation (November 2020, page 6)
- God’s Security (October 2020, page 5)
- God Works Out our Circumstances for Good (September 2020, page 4)
- God Helps Even When We Don’t Know We Need It (August 2020, page 4)
- We Depend Completely on Christ (July 2020, page 8)
- Yummy, Yummy (June 2020, page 2)
- We Don’t Get What We Deserve (May 2020, page 7)
New Identity Magazine
Based in northern California, this quarterly magazine is designed for new and growing Christians. It has the best design and layout among all the magazines I’ve listed.
- God, what do you want me to do with my life? Three things every Christian can do to discover and follow God’s will (fall 2020, page 22)
- How Anyone Can Study the Bible: A Simple Process to Get to Know God Better (summer 2020, page 16)
- What is a study Bible and why you should have one: Answering questions and learning to ask new ones (spring 2020)
The quarterly magazine of Fresno Pacific University. I enjoy working with the editor and designers to feature great real-life stories from the students and alumni of Fresno Pacific University. Distribution is 22,000.
The Lutheran Digest
One thing I love about writing is reaching different people in different denominations. This is an example of that! I am not a Lutheran pastor but am grateful to share my writing with people in the Lutheran denomination as part of this quarterly magazine.
- Making Peace through Grace (fall 2020, only available in print)
I periodically provide practical real-life ministry articles for NET Results. NET Results was started in 1980 and provides “New Ideas for Church Growth.” Distribution is 1,350 readers.
- Three Ways to Make Sure Small Groups Are a Tool for Discipleship (July-August 2020)
- Four Keys that Unlock an Effective Staff During a Crisis (May-June 2020)
An email newsletter sent twice a month. You can subscribe for free by sending a blank email to email@example.com. Each newsletter is sent to more than 300 people.
- January = New (January 8, 2021)
- God’s Picture (January 22, 2021)
With subscribers in 80 nations, Bible Advocate is one of the oldest religious magazines in American (founded in 1863). Bible Advocate reaches readers from a wide range of denominational and religious backgrounds. I love the title of this magazine! Distribution is 13,500.
- The Music of Ministry (May-June 2020, page 7)
As a free magazine sent to pastors twice a year, Today’s Pastor provides practical solution articles and encouragement to pastors. Distribution is 6,000.
- “Letting Go” Restores Joy to Ministry (spring 2021, available in print only)
Blue Ridge Christian News
This is a fantastic monthly magazine. It’s full of encouraging articles and Christian news with a variety of writers. Monthly distribution is 16,000 print and 3,000 electronic.
- God’s Picture (February, 2021)
The Sun-Gazette Newspaper
This is a great local newspaper based in Exeter, CA. Each month the editors allow me to share a brief article on page two. It’s a great outreach ministry to people that often would never enter a church. I believe you can read three articles for free on The Sun-Gazette newspaper website. After three articles you will need to purchase a subscription. Distribution is 1,000.
- January Means New (January 5, 2021)
- Giving Forgiveness at Christmas (December 16, 2020)
- A Ministry for Now (November 11, 2020)
- God’s Help (September 23, 2020)
- God’s Provision (August 19, 2020)
- God’s Fruit (July 29, 2020)
- He Died, then He Lived (April 25, 2020)
- Can a person lose his salvation? (March 4, 2020)
- Grace! Grace! (January 29, 2020)